Planes, Trains, Automobiles coming June 19
This year’s Planes, Trains and Automobiles event will feature several new attractions when it comes to Baldwin City next weekend.
Those will include an antique tractor show, a square dance demonstration and a tae kwon do demonstration. All of them will begin on the morning of June 19.
“We’ve got several new things,” said Steve Friend, event organizer. “We’ve added an antique tractor show and it will be set up between Sixth and Seventh streets on High Street by the fire station. So we’re excited about having them in there. We will also have several demonstrations this year, too.”
Of course, the annual Father’s Day weekend event will include its car show, vintage motorcycle show, airplane rides and train rides. The antique, classic and street rod car show will be downtown. Free airplane rides for children ages 8-17 will be at McFarlane Aviation at the Vinland Airport. The train rides, which are free for fathers with the purchase of a paid admission, will be at the Midland Depot.
Also back again this year will be Chris Cakes’ pancake breakfast, the historic gravel road bicycle ride and the KidZone. There will also be the “Walking on Sunshine” 5-kilometer run/walk on the morning of June 19.
“Last year it was cool and rained a bit,” Friend said. “It rained on our parade. We just hope it’s not going to be rainy this year.”
Schedule of events
- 7 p.m. — Art Walk
- 8 p.m. — Seussical the Musical, community theater
- 7:30-10:30 a.m. — Chris Cakes Pancake Breakfast at Hickory Creek Barbecue
- 7:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. — Farmers Market
- 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Craft and Vendor booths
- 8 a.m. — “Walking on Sunshine” 5K run/walk
- 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. — “Power of the Past” Antique Tractor show
- 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Antique, Classic and Street Rod Car show
- 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Vintage Motorcycle show
- 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. — Airplane rides at Vinland Airport
- 10 a.m. — Historic Gravel Road Bicycle ride
- 10-11 a.m. — Square Dance demonstration
- 10 a.m. to 12 p.m — KidZone
- 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. — Train rides at Midland Depot
- 11 a.m. — Tae Kwon Do demonstration
- 12-2 p.m. — Midnite Supper band performing