Bridge work meeting is Aug. 5 at BESIC
Three bridges that will be replaced on U.S. Highway 56 west of Baldwin City in 2013 will be the topic for a public open house from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Aug. 5 at Baldwin Elementary School Intermediate Center.
The Kansas Department of Transportation will be conducting the open house. Location maps, construction timelines and traffic impacts, including detour routes, will be available to view. There will be no formal presentation.
The bridges were built in the 1920s and are scheduled for replacement because of age and deterioration. They are within a 2.5-mile stretch immediately west of Baldwin City.
More like this story
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back