Neighbors: Joy Wellman
Family: Husband, Richard, three grown sons and five grandchildren.
Place of birth: Farm southwest of Onaga
Q. How long have you lived in Baldwin City and what brought you here?
A. Twelve years. Richard retired and we wanted to be closer to family.
Q. What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
A. Returning to college the fall of 1978 with three boys ages 9, 11 and 13. I had been away from college for 15 years. I wasn’t sure I could remember anything I had learned before.
Q. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
A. Accentuate the positive.
Q. What two things would you want people to know about you?
A. I am happy with our choice of retirement community. Baldwin City has been a very welcoming community. It has been easy to find the positive here.
Q. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Q. What’s the best way for you to get away from it all?
A. Planning and working on a fun sewing project.
Q. What’s your ideal vacation spot?
Song: Climb Every Mountain
Movie: The Sound of Music
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Baldwin school board agenda for Tuesday, May 18
- Wellsville man charged for alleged actions in Wednesday Douglas County State Lake incident