Thunderstorms dump 4-plus inches of rain on Baldwin City
Now that was a toad strangler.
The Baldwin City area was pounded with thunderstorms Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning that left upwards of 4.2 inches of rain and caused power outages.
Richard Wellman recorded 4.2 inches of rain near Signal Oak, Bill Gillispie had 3.8 inches in Baldwin City and there were 3.9 inches in Vinland.
Power outages varied, but didn’t last long. There were two outages in the country lasting about a minute apiece. In town, there were about six outages, the longest lasting about 15 minutes.
More like this story
- Douglas County to have townhall meeting on jail expansion
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill