Motorcyclist injured in Sunday wreck released from KU Hospital
Douglas Caruthers, the 61-year-old Baldwin City man injured in a motorcycle accident north of town Sunday, was released from the Kansas University Medical Hospital Monday, according to a spokesperson.
Caruthers was eastbound on County Road 12 near Douglas County State Fishing Lake at 5:10 p.m. Sunday when the motorcycle hit some sand on a curve and went in a ditch, said Douglas County Sheriff’s Sgt. Steve Lewis. He was taken by helicopter ambulance to the KU Hospital.
More like this story
- Wineries, craft breweries experience growth in Kansas
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Legislative actions, inactions cause concern in Baldwin City
- Baldwin City Council approves first reading of proposed sewer rate increases