Motorcyclist injured in Sunday wreck released from KU Hospital
Douglas Caruthers, the 61-year-old Baldwin City man injured in a motorcycle accident north of town Sunday, was released from the Kansas University Medical Hospital Monday, according to a spokesperson.
Caruthers was eastbound on County Road 12 near Douglas County State Fishing Lake at 5:10 p.m. Sunday when the motorcycle hit some sand on a curve and went in a ditch, said Douglas County Sheriff’s Sgt. Steve Lewis. He was taken by helicopter ambulance to the KU Hospital.
More like this story
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row