National Weather Service issues heat advisory for Douglas County
The National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory for Douglas and surrounding counties effective from noon to 7 p.m. Saturday.
The combination of temperatures in the mid- to upper-90s, with dewpoint temperatures in the mid-70s will cause the heat index to reach 103-108 degrees.
Prolonged exposure to heat and humidity of this magnitude can cause dehydration, heat exhaustion and heat stroke. If you plan to be outside, avoid strenuous activity and drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration. Wear light-weight, light-colored and loose-fitting clothing. Wear sunscreen to avoid sunburn.
Counties under the NWS heat advisory include:
More like this story
- 4 Kansas tribes to split $1.7 million for housing needs
- Baldwin City Council considering citizen survey on CIP needs
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- City budget suggestions cause conflict on Shawnee council