KNEA endorses Holland for governor
The Kansas National Education Association has endorsed Tom Holland for governor.
Holland, a Democrat, will likely face Republican Sam Brownback in the November general election.
“I’m glad to see both Republicans and Democrats on the list of KNEA endorsed candidates,” said Holland, who is a state senator from Baldwin City. “We need bipartisan solutions to the challenges facing Kansas,” he said.
“As governor, I will continue to work with Republicans, Independents and Democrats so that every Kansas child receives a quality public education,” he said.
In a statement, the KNEA said it supported Holland and his lieutenant governor running mate, Kelly Kultala, because they work across party lines to solve problems.
More like this story
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Wellsville man charged for alleged actions in Wednesday Douglas County State Lake incident
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest