Flood advisory issued for Douglas County
The National Weather Service has issued a flood advisory for northeast Douglas County until 12:30 p.m. Residents of Lawrence, Baldwin City and Eudora should be alert to the possibility of flooding.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause high water on small creeks and streams as well as low-lying spots within city limits.
Heavy rain lead to minor street flooding around town during a severe thunderstorm Sunday morning. Via Twitter, reports came through of high water at Fifth and Wisconsin and 23rd and Ousdahl streets.
According to Westar Energy's website, just over 1,100 customers in Douglas County are without service.
Do not drive your car into areas where the roadway is covered with water. The water may be too deep to allow your car through safely.
More like this story
- Flood advisory issued for Douglas, surrounding counties
- Flash flood watch issued for Douglas County
- Heat advisory extended for Douglas County until 7 p.m. Wednesday
- Flash flood watch in effect until 7 a.m. Wednesday
- Winter weather advisory issued for Douglas, other nearby counties until Tuesday morning