Crosswalk lights to be installed on U.S. 56
The on again, off again project of pedestrian crossing lights at Eighth and Ames streets is moving forward, but it’s unknown when it will be completed.
At Tuesday’s regular meeting, City Administrator Jeff Dingman told the Baldwin City Council that footings have been poured for the lights, which will be operated by pushing a button to flash a beacon.
However, Dingman said he didn’t know when the lights will be installed. The last information he had from the Kansas Department of Transportation, which is in charge of the Safe Routes to School program funding the project, was that the lights should already be installed.
More like this story
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere
- March 23 Baldwin Board of Education agenda
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Baldwin City graduate season starts Saturday with Baker School of Professional and Graduate Studies commencemnts
- Baldwin to play Girard in first round of state tourney