No community fireworks display Sunday
It was announced last week that there will not be a Community Fireworks Display this year on the Fourth of July. That has not changed, said Steve Friend, Baldwin City Recreation Commission director.
However, the usual free swimming and hot dogs, as well as other fun and games, will start at 12:30 p.m. Sunday at the Baldwin City Municipal Swimming Pool.
There are also likely to be plenty of fireworks displayed in and around Baldwin City on the Fourth.
More like this story
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Baldwin City, township firefighters battle prop blazes
- Eudora seeks county funding for paramedics, ambulance; sheriff requests funds for corrections
- Billionaire buys Woodlands racing complex, but future fuzzy
- Douglas County commissioners reach consensus on 2016 budget; property taxes to remain constant