High water closing beaches at some area lakes
High water is limiting use of some area lakes this July 4 weekend, according to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Kansas City District.
On Thursday, the Corps said beaches at Milford, Perry, Rathbun, Harlan County, Harry S. Truman, and Tuttle Creek lakes would be closed due to high water.
Some corps lakes will have facilities closed or subject to limited use, the Corps said, reminding lake visitors to respect temporary closure signs that may be placed at some park and beach entrances.
For a comprehensive list of closures, the Corps said to check the lake's individual web page.
More like this story
- Kansas secretary of state clerk sues over termination
- Baldwin City Senior Mix plans Halloween party
- Ives Chapel UMC to have back-to-school clothing give-away next 2 Saturdays
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission
- Baldwin High School senior to graduate 2 1/2 years after massive stoke