Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department schedules H1N1 clinics
In an effort to reach more people, the Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department has scheduled more H1N1 flu vaccine clinics.
• Saturday, Jan. 30 — 9 a.m. to noon, Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vt.
• Tuesday, Feb. 2 — 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Edgewood Homes Community Building, Units 149-150, 1600 Haskell Ave.
• Thursday, Feb. 4 — 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Baldwin High School, 415 Eisenhower St., Baldwin City.
• Saturday, Feb. 13 — 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Healthy Hearts Fair, Lawrence Memorial Hospital, 325 Maine St.
• Sunday, Feb. 14 — 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., St. John the Evangelist Church, 1229 Vt.
The clinics are for any Douglas County resident who wants protection from the virus. As part of the federal vaccination program, the H1N1 immunization will be available at no charge. No appointment is necessary.
“With a special focus on the vulnerable populations in our community, the health department is holding additional off-site clinics to make the H1N1 vaccine more readily available,” said Kim Ens, health department preparedness coordinator. “Because the H1N1 virus is still circulating, vaccination is your best protection against the illness.”
The vaccine also is available to the general public through the health department’s regular clinic, 200 Maine.
Children under 10, who have received their first dose of the H1N1 vaccine, are recommended to receive their second booster immunization at the upcoming clinics. A period of one month must have passed between the child’s first and second doses.
To help expedite the process, clients planning to be immunized at the clinics are encouraged to download a consent form at www.ldchealth.org, fill it out ahead of time and bring to a clinic. A second consent form must be filled out for children receiving their second dose.
More like this story
- Baldwin City graduate season starts Saturday with Baker School of Professional and Graduate Studies commencemnts
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Baldwin Academy of Dance and Voice to have spring show
- Baker gallery to feature campus life captured through PR director's lens