BHS varsity boys fall to Panthers
Paola’s Nick Wilson caught fire from three-point range in the first half to lead his Panthers to a Frontier League victory over the Baldwin High boys’ basketball at home Friday night.
Paola won 52-36 as Baldwin dropped to 2-5 on the season.
The Paola junior sank four threee-pointers during the second quarter as the Panthers outscored Baldwin 16-10 in the second quarter. They maintained their lead for the remainder of the game.
Baldwin’s Justin Vander Tuig scored a game-high 21 points in the loss.
The BHS junior varsity and C-team teams won Friday night. The JV squad won 49-46. Tyler Cawley led the Bulldogs with 16 points. Dayton Valentine and Caleb Gaylord added 11 and 10 points, respectively.
In the C-team game, the Bulldogs cruised to a victory, 58-39. Ian Dunn scored 19 to lead BHS, while Clayton Duncan added 10 points.
The varsity boys’ team will play its first round game of the Baldwin Invitational Tournament at 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. The Bulldogs will play Wellsville.
Varsity scoring summary
Paola ¬— 15-16 10 11- 52
Baldwin — 10 10 6 10 – 36
Paola — Isaac Cotton, 7; Skylar Hawkins, 12; Brandon Goodman, 2; Connor Kresin, 3; Travis Hayes, 8; Nick Wilson, 18; Jesse Smail, 2.
Baldwin — Nate Growcock, 4; Caleb Gaylord, 9; Zach Wright, 2; Justin Vander Tuig, 16.
More like this story
- Kansas man charged with molestation arrested in California
- Bond increase for Kansas man charged with molestation
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Baldwin City woman 2nd person charged in alleged attack at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars