BHS boys fall to Metro Academy
In its first game back from Christmas break, the Baldwin High boys’ basketball team lost a close game to Metro Academy at home Tuesday. The Bulldogs lost 53-48 to fall to 2-4 on the season.
Metro Academy sank six three-pointers during the contest. The Mavericks made four in the second quarter to build a lead before halftime. They never trailed in the second half.
Two Baldwin players scored in double figures. Justin Vander Tuig led the team with 20 points. Zach Wright added 12.
Metro — 8 17 9 19 - 53
Baldwin — 6 15 10 17 – 48
Metro — Justin Gress, 15; Dalton Hardage, 5; John Palmer, 6; John West, 18; Reid Johnson, 2; Tim Waddell, 5; Isaac Kreuer, 2.
Baldwin — Kyle Pattrick, 3; Britton Schroeder, 3; Nate Growcock, 4; Caleb Gaylord, 6; Zach Wright, 12; Justin Vander Tuig, 20.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Baldwin board asks for spending cuts to help cover slash in state funding
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed