Local resident turns 100 years old today
Longtime Baldwin City resident Vivian Courtney turned 100 years old today.
The Signal will feature her in a story in next week’s paper as she reflects on what she’s seen during that century and her “secrets” — if any — to such a long life.
Several celebrations are scheduled for Courtney today and over the weekend. Cards can be sent to 819 Seventh Street, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
Among other accomplishments, Courtney worked at Baker University for 25 years. She was also honored as grand marshal of the annual Light Parade during the Christmas season.
More like this story
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Kansas' governor defends state's new guns-on-campus law
- Kansas allowing concealed guns in Statehouse without permit
- Kansas regents to consider revised guns-on-campus policy
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit