Local resident turns 100 years old today
Longtime Baldwin City resident Vivian Courtney turned 100 years old today.
The Signal will feature her in a story in next week’s paper as she reflects on what she’s seen during that century and her “secrets” — if any — to such a long life.
Several celebrations are scheduled for Courtney today and over the weekend. Cards can be sent to 819 Seventh Street, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
Among other accomplishments, Courtney worked at Baker University for 25 years. She was also honored as grand marshal of the annual Light Parade during the Christmas season.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings