Local resident turns 100 years old today
Longtime Baldwin City resident Vivian Courtney turned 100 years old today.
The Signal will feature her in a story in next week’s paper as she reflects on what she’s seen during that century and her “secrets” — if any — to such a long life.
Several celebrations are scheduled for Courtney today and over the weekend. Cards can be sent to 819 Seventh Street, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
Among other accomplishments, Courtney worked at Baker University for 25 years. She was also honored as grand marshal of the annual Light Parade during the Christmas season.
More like this story
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty