Baker men post first HAAC victories
Baker University’s men’s basketball team snapped a 10-game skid with two victories last week, defeating Avila and Culver-Stockton for its first conference wins of the season.
The Wildcats (9-16 overall and 2-13 in the Heart of America Athletic Conference) rallied for a 64-55 victory over Avila on Thursday at the Collins Center after trailing by 16 at halftime.
The Wildcats shot 50 percent (11 of 22) from the field and made four three-pointers in the second half. Jaris Wommack scored a team-high 16 points, and Andre Strozier and Sam Kenney chipped in 15 and 11, respectively.
On Saturday in Canton, Mo., Baker tripped Culver-Stockton 57-53 in overtime. Senior Malcolm Greer scored 15 points and pulled down 11 rebounds — his fourth double-double of the season — to lead Baker. Austin Bond contributed 13 points.
The Wildcats will play host to William Jewell at 7:30 p.m. tonight at the Collins Center.
More like this story
- Baldwin wrestlers tune up for league meet two sweep at Osawatomie
- Baldwin headed to state with record 10 wrestlers
- Baker suffers first defeat of football season with Benedictine comeback
- Baldwin girls finish strong, 'pumped' for post-season
- Letter to the editor: Community support make iCan Bike camps successful