Jenkins seeks entries for congressional art competition
Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins is accepting entries for the 2010 Congressional Art Competition from all high school students in the 2nd District.
The winning entry in the competition will be displayed in the U.S. Capitol for one year.
“I look forward to seeing our talented students’ artwork, and I hope many participate in this year’s competition,” Jenkins said in a news release.
Deadline for submitting artwork is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 16. All submissions must be received at Jenkins’ office at 3550 SW Fifth St., Topeka, KS 66606. The winning entry will be announced at a reception on Saturday, May 1, at the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library.
For more information, call Jenkins’ Topeka office, (785) 234- 5966, or visit her Web site, lynnjenkins.house.gov.
More like this story
- Baldwin High School Class of 2015 members told they were 'strongest' class ever
- Baker University graduates told they are part of the 'Will Generation'
- Baldwin High School senior to graduate 2 1/2 years after massive stoke
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back
- Face to Face: Madeline McCrary