BJHS eighth grade boys improve to 9-0
A dominant second quarter Monday evening propelled the Baldwin Junior High School eighth grade varsity boys’ basketball team to a 9-0 start on the season.
The Bulldogs outscored Eudora 23-2 in the quarter en route to a 46-10 victory at home. Michael Burton led the Bulldogs with 14 points. Quinn Twombly added 10.
“We played good defense the whole game,” coach Troy Webb said. “When we decide to get out and run, we are pretty fun to watch.”
Last Thursday, the Bulldogs beat Spring Hill 59-29. They once again took control of the game in the second quarter, outscoring Spring Hill 21-4.
Chad Berg was the leading scorer with 15 points. Cornell Brown and Luke Fursman added 12 and nine points, respectively.
“Our guards did a great job of breaking the press,” Webb said. “This was probably one of the better games that we have played all year.”
BJHS will play at 5 p.m. tonight at home against Paola.
More like this story
- Computer issue delaying processing of Kansas vets' claims
- College course on voter registration proposed in Kansas
- Sheriff: Inmate orchestrated drug deals over jail pay phone
- Baldwin Junction man remembers sporting life of following the bouncing ball
- Police: 11 injured in Great Bend crash involving spider