Icy roads lead to rollover accident on County Road 1055; more ice possible through overnight hours
One person complained of injuries after rolling their sport utility vehicle just north of Baldwin City Wednesday afternoon.
Douglas County sheriffs deputies and Baldwin City and Lawrence fire crews were attending to an accident in the 400 block of County Road 1055, north and west of Baldwin High School on Baldwin hill.
The driver of the car and emergency responders said the road was very slick and sheriff's deputies shut it down until county crews could treat the road.
Emergency dispatchers said five people suffered minor injuries in the accident.
According to the National Weather Service in Topeka, light freezing drizzle was reported at Forbes Field and was moving east into the Lawrence and Kansas City areas. Light bands of precipitation will continue to develop east of a line from Marysville to Council Grove, the weather service said.
The freezing drizzle is expected to continue all night and end early Thursday morning.
More like this story
- Sunday morning accident lands Baldwin City man in hospital
- Emergency crews responding to second Douglas County accident
- One person suffers minor injuries after rollover accident in southern Douglas County
- One killed in wreck on County Road 1055
- Man hospitalized after trench collapses in rural Douglas County