Toys for Tots drive underway at BHS
Baldwin High School teacher and coach Kit Harris is once again sponsoring his annual Toys for Tots drive and he is seeking donations.
Harris started sponsoring the charity drive when he taught at Washburn Rural High School and he brought it with him when he came to BHS in 1999. He said he has received as few as 50 toys some years, but more than 100 toys in other years.
“Whatever we get is great,” Harris said. “It’s always nice to give whatever we can. I have wrestlers every year who bring toys in to give to the cause. Some years I’ve had students from my class that have brought toys in to donate.”
Each toy that his purchased for the charity drive must be at least $5, new and unwrapped. Anyone wanting to donate can bring it toys to BHS or the South Gym (corner of Eighth and Chapel streets), which is usually open from 3:30-8 p.m. every week night.
For more information, contact Harris by email at email@example.com.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Baldwin City team wins Sunflower State Games wrestling team championship
- United Way of Douglas County shifts goals for 2015 campaign
- Baldwin City Council names Smith interim city administrator
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters