Authorities find person of interest sought in 14-year-old Great Bend girl’s death
The person of interest in the case of a Great Bend teen's death has been located.
Adam Longoria, 36, Great Bend, was apprehended about 11:50 a.m. Friday by the Kansas Highway Patrol on Interstate 70, west of Salina. Longoria was driving a 2002 white Ford Explorer that had been stolen between 1 and 2 a.m. Friday from the offices of the Venture Corporation south of Great Bend. The vehicle was reported stolen around 8:45 a.m. Friday.
Longoria is being held in Barton County on a warrant for the stolen vehicle.
“As the investigation into the murder of Alicia Debolt continues, we continue to urge individuals with any information on this case to come forward to law enforcement,”said Kansas Attorney General Stephen Six. “Law enforcement continues to use all tools at their disposal to provide justice for Alicia and her friends and family.”
14-year-old Alicia DeBolt's charred body was found Tuesday at an asphalt company near Great Bend. She had been reported missing after she left her home Saturday night.
Authorities searched Longoria's home Thursday night.
More like this story
- Baldwin Junior High School recognized with two statewide honors
- Deadline nears for Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce awards nomininations
- BHS student among Lawrence Journal-World's academic all-stars
- Vinland Fair returns for 108th run Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Midland Railway gears up for Thomas weekends