Neighbors: Karen Zuzzio
Name: Karen Zuzzio
Occupation: Retired administrative assistant; worked 16 years at Baker University.
Family: Husband Ted, daughter Stacy and son-in-law Jeff, and son Tony.
Place of birth: Girard
Q. How long have you lived in Baldwin City and what brought you here?
A. My husband Ted and I moved to Baldwin City 34 years ago, right out of college and newly married, when Ted was offered his first teaching and coaching position at Baldwin High School. We love the community and have lived here ever since!
Q. What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
A. My biggest risk was moving to Baldwin City, not knowing a single person.
Q. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
A. Treat others as you would like to be treated and treasure each day of your life, as you don’t know what the future will bring.
Q. What two things would you want people to know about you?
A. I love spending time with my family and friends. I also enjoy gardening and taking care of my flowers in the yard.
Q. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A. An accountant.
Q. What’s the best way for you to get away from it all?
A. Traveling to a new area or just relaxing on the patio and enjoying my flowers.
Q. What’s your ideal vacation spot?
A. Hawaii – relaxing on the beach and enjoying the beautiful sunsets!
Song: Wind Beneath My Wings
Movie: Blind Side
Food: Barbecued brisket, cheesy potato casserole and coconut cream pie
More like this story
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Baker biology professor's tree climbing summer reseach program funded for another 3 years
- Baldwin City graduate season starts Saturday with Baker School of Professional and Graduate Studies commencemnts
- USD 348 at-large board candidate Kelley Bethell-Smith