March of Dimes Bikers for Babies event is Sept. 19
This year’s March of Dimes Bikers for Babies ride to benefit the March of Dimes is scheduled for Sept. 19.
The event supports local research grants focused on issues related to premature birth and community programs such as NICU Family Support at Overland Park Regional Medical Center, Saint Luke’s Hospital and Stormont-Vail Regional Medical Center in Topeka.
The 115-mile ride will depart from the Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Kan. The preliminary plans call for the route to go through Leavenworth and Jefferson counties and pass through Springdale, Easton, Winchester, Valley Falls, Ozawkie, Oskaloosa, McLouth, Tonganoxie and Basehor.
Last year, riders and other participants raised more than $693,060.
For more information or to donate or register for the ride, visit bikersforbabiteskc.org.
More like this story
- Louisburg pulls away from Baldwin in second half for 24-7 victory
- Defending national champion ends Baker's season
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back
- Baker Edition: Baker graduates first Kauffman Foundation Scholar
- Baldwin lets early lead slip away in loss to Perry-Lecompton