Severe thunderstorm watch for area counties until 10 p.m.
Area counties are in a severe thunderstorm watch until 10 p.m. Friday.
Leavenworth, Douglas, Wyandotte, Johnson and Jefferson counties are included in a watch the National Weather Service has issued. In total, the watch covers 26 counties.
A severe thunderstorm watch means conditions are favorable for the development of severe weather.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Baker University doctoral candidate awarded Fulbright Scholarship
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row