Severe thunderstorm watch for area counties until 10 p.m.
Area counties are in a severe thunderstorm watch until 10 p.m. Friday.
Leavenworth, Douglas, Wyandotte, Johnson and Jefferson counties are included in a watch the National Weather Service has issued. In total, the watch covers 26 counties.
A severe thunderstorm watch means conditions are favorable for the development of severe weather.
More like this story
- Several northeast Kansas counties under severe thunderstorm watch
- Severe thunderstorm watch issued for Douglas County until 10 p.m.
- Baldwin City in severe thunderstorm watch
- Thunderstorm watch until 3 a.m. and flash flood watch until 7 a.m. for select local counties
- Douglas County's severe thunderstorm watch has been canceled