De Soto festival on Saturday to feature fireworks
Better late than never.
At least that’s the thinking among organizers of De Soto’s annual Fourth of July fireworks display, which was rained out.
So on Saturday, they’re planning A Mid-Summer Night festival, which will feature fireworks, music, food and crafts booths, and games for children.
Gates for the festival will open at 6 p.m. at Riverfest Park in De Soto. Fireworks are slated to begin at 9:30 p.m.
Because of the fireworks display and set-up, the De Soto boat ramp on the Kansas River will be closed all day Saturday.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas officer's gesture brings homeless man to tears
- Kansas auctioning off hundreds of bottles of booze
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses