Baldwin City loses out on state trail grant
A new hiking and biking trail through the Signal Ridge subdivision into the FireTree Estates subdivision won’t be happening in the foreseeable future.
Baldwin City had applied for a grant to cover 80 percent of the estimated cost of $650,000. The city’s portion of that would have been $137,000.
However, when the Kansas Department of Transportation announced the winners of the transportation enhancement grants Monday, Baldwin City was not on the list.
City Administrator Jeff Dingman received a letter Tuesday from KDOT encouraging the city to reapply for the grant next year.
More like this story
- Baker gallery to feature campus life captured through PR director's lens
- Baldwin City Council candidate profiles
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Baldwin High School musicans chill on State Honor Band experience
- Lumberyard Arts Center schedules full slate of classes