Baldwin City loses out on state trail grant
A new hiking and biking trail through the Signal Ridge subdivision into the FireTree Estates subdivision won’t be happening in the foreseeable future.
Baldwin City had applied for a grant to cover 80 percent of the estimated cost of $650,000. The city’s portion of that would have been $137,000.
However, when the Kansas Department of Transportation announced the winners of the transportation enhancement grants Monday, Baldwin City was not on the list.
City Administrator Jeff Dingman received a letter Tuesday from KDOT encouraging the city to reapply for the grant next year.
More like this story
- USD 348 at-large board candidate Kelley Bethell-Smith
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Baker gallery to feature campus life captured through PR director's lens
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan