Baldwin City loses out on state trail grant
A new hiking and biking trail through the Signal Ridge subdivision into the FireTree Estates subdivision won’t be happening in the foreseeable future.
Baldwin City had applied for a grant to cover 80 percent of the estimated cost of $650,000. The city’s portion of that would have been $137,000.
However, when the Kansas Department of Transportation announced the winners of the transportation enhancement grants Monday, Baldwin City was not on the list.
City Administrator Jeff Dingman received a letter Tuesday from KDOT encouraging the city to reapply for the grant next year.
More like this story
- Baker sees gigabit Internet as important competitive edge
- Topeka teens' music making rounds on Internet
- Baldwin school district partnering with Greenbush in virtual program
- Baldwin City Chamber urges members to update info after website upgrade
- Baldwin school district hoping 90 percent of students are enrolled online in July