Vandals destroy numerous mailboxes
Vandals destroyed numerous mailboxes Saturday night in the area around Baldwin City Lake, southeast of the city.
Sgt. Steve Lewis of the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department confirmed the damage, but didn’t know how many mailboxes were damaged. He’d seen reports of damage, but residents of the area have said up to 12 mailboxes were damaged.
“I saw two reports,” said Lewis. “That doesn’t mean there weren’t more. Some people may not have reported it. But, yes, there were multiple mailboxes damaged.”
He said anyone with information should contact the sheriff’s department or Crime Stoppers. Not only is it criminal damage to property involved, but more.
“Plus, it’s a federal crime,” said Lewis. “You’re not supposed to mess with mailboxes.”
More like this story
- Baker Edition: Recent grads honored for leadership
- Pawz Patrol makes rounds of Baldwin schools to reward creative teachers
- Baker Edition: Business professor honored with Kopke Award
- Baker University doctoral candidate awarded Fulbright Scholarship
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research