Letter to the editor
To the editor:
This is an open letter to the Baldwin School Board and Supt. Paul Dorathy.
You people have placed a terrible tax burden on the elderly and rural people by passing the school bond.
I realize that the bond issue was passed by the vote of patrons without thinking of the financial burden.
The Revolutionary War was fought because of taxation without representation.
You are threatening to close Marion Springs Elementary School and Vinland Elementary School to satisfy your dreams. We had adequate school room with our present buildings.
All you people want is our tax dollars, but we are to keep our mouths shut.
The Lawrence School Board finally listened to their patrons and didn’t close any schools.
Rural Baldwin City
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers