Black Jack cleanup set for Saturday
Volunteers are needed to help spruce up the Black Jack Battlefield and Nature Park starting at 9 a.m. Saturday just east of Baldwin City.
It will be part of a nation-wide effort known as Park Day, where volunteers all over the country work to clean up national historic sites. This will be the 15th year for Park Day.
At the Black Jack site, the volunteers will remove a dilapidated modern outbuilding, clean up trash, collect sticks and branches and generally spruce up the park for the upcoming tourist season.
For more information on Park Day at the Black Jack Battlefield, contact Kerry Altenbernd at (785)883-2106 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.blackjackbattlefield.org.
More like this story
- Baldwin City water rate study continues as Lawrence looks to hike rates
- Report: 93 percent of Kansas winter wheat harvested
- Baldwin City purchasing right to provide electrical service to industrial park
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises