BHS artwork next at Lumberyard
The Lumberyard Arts Center will host a show by intermediate and beginner Baldwin High School art students.
The show begins Thursday with regular gallery hours of 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Friday, and Saturdays 9 a.m. to noon.
Each student is providing one piece chosen through student group critiques. Works will include ceramics, wire and green art sculpture, tessellation patterns, paintings, pastels and more.
“They're bringing it all,” said their instructor, Christy Carlisle.
A closing reception will be held on April 15 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
On April 22, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., the Baldwin Junior High School students will open a show of their work at the Lumberyard Arts Center, which will continue through May 1. Gallery hours and opening reception information will be provided later.
More like this story
- Kansas ranks low in providing summer meals to children
- Girls on the Run helps Baldwin City students get fit, improve self-esteem
- Conceptual plan for new public works complex shared with Baldiwn City Council
- Baldwin City Council considering citizen survey on CIP needs
- USD 348 at-large board candidate Kelley Bethell-Smith