Letters to the Editor
To the editor:
Labor Day is approaching and that means our local fire fighters will be asking for donations for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. I want to thank each of them for giving of their time to help families that benefit from the funds that are raised. My mother and three other family members were struck by ALS (Lou Gehrig’s), a horrible disease with no cure or treatment. MDA helps fund research and every dollar counts.
We also have an ALS Walk at the University of Kansas on Sept. 20 and would encourage you to join us.
If you’re interested in learning more, please contact me at 594-3554.
To the editor:
I want to send a special “thank you” to the Cranberry Market.
We all had to say goodbye to my Uncle Max Gorton this week. So many people commented on the nice arrangements sent to the family. The quality and care given to these flowers were apparent to all. What beautiful work you did. It lightens my heart to know he would have approved. Thank you.
Diana Elder Whaley
More like this story
- Douglas County commissioners reach consensus on 2016 budget; property taxes to remain constant
- Eudora seeks county funding for paramedics, ambulance; sheriff requests funds for corrections
- Baldwin City Council approves 2016 budget
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Apartments still planned for old school despite owners' failure to secure tax credits this year