DUI check lane nets one arrest
A joint law enforcement driving under the influence check lane resulted in one arrest early Saturday morning.
The check lane was in the 1100 block of Ames from midnight Friday to 3 a.m. Greg Neis, interim chief of the Baldwin City Police Department, said a dozen officers were involved with stopping 75 vehicles. Neis said officers performed five field sobriety tests and four breathalyzer tests. Douglas County Sheriff’s officers made the DUI arrest.
“I would say it’s about what I expected,” Neis said of the results. “It wouldn’t surprise me to see no arrests. We also had three traffic citations for people trying to avoid the stop.”
Participating were four officers each from Baldwin City police, Douglas County sheriff and Kansas Highway Patrol.
More like this story
- Baldwin City water rate study continues as Lawrence looks to hike rates
- Baldwin City Council candidate profiles
- New Baldwin City Council members sworn in after old council approves sewer rate increase
- Baldwin City Council considering citizen survey on CIP needs
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall