Wind advisory in effect for area
A wind advisory is in effect until 7 p.m. today for 51 Kansas counties, including Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson, Jefferson and Douglas counties.
The National Weather Service reports northwesterly winds will increase to around 30 mph with gusts of 40 to 45 mph by late this morning.
More like this story
- RG Fiber on a roll, expects to have gigabit service in Baldwin City in August
- Mars Inc. to expand candy-making plant in Kansas
- KanCare providers lose millions for 2nd straight year
- Douglas County commissioners reach consensus on 2016 budget; property taxes to remain constant
- Salina company acquires 13 vintage record presses