Letter to the editor
To the editor:
The Vinland Fair Association Board members want to express our gratitude to the community for its support of the very successful 102nd annual fair in August.
The weather was beautiful, the crowds were large and the participation in the events was tremendous. The schedule went off without a glitch – all due to the support of the many, many volunteers (too numerous to name individually). The board recognizes and appreciates the volunteers who make this fair possible year after year.
One example of the community's support is the large number of fruit pies donated (we lost count of the number), even six, hot, strawberry-rhubarb beauties brought to us at six o'clock Saturday night. Their smell and appearance attracted the crowd like a magnet and they were gone by 6:45. Another example is the seven electric roasters of chicken and home-made noodles, which were made from scratch by the Vinland F.C.E. and other community volunteers.
The superintendents of the various exhibit areas, the directors of the events and the many people who donated their time, skills and materials to make the fair a success are deeply appreciated.
We plan to have the 103rd fair in August 2010, and we trust that the community will turn out again to make it a successful and fun event.
Vinland Fair Association Board
More like this story
- Police: Woman arrested in battery of police horse in Wichita
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Baldwin City woman 2nd person charged in alleged attack at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Man found guilty in Douglas State Fishing Lake aggravated robbery
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary