Baker volleyball squad rallies to extend streak
Down 2-0, Baker University’s volleyball team rallied against Benedictine to win the final three sets on Tuesday at the Collins Center, extending its winning streak to 20 consecutive matches.
The Wildcats defeated the Ravens, 20-25, 18-25, 25-20, 26-24, 15-12 to improve to 21-1 overall and 2-0 in the Heart of America Athletic Conference.
The Wildcats (20-1 overall, 3-0 in HAAC) beat host Ottawa 25-20, 25-16, 25-17 before upending Bethel 28-26, 25-22, 20-25, 25-19 Saturday at the Ottawa tournament.
Against Ottawa, Brooke Pryor (10 kills), Brooke Allen (22 digs) and Jana Boss (30 assists) led the Wildcats.
In the victory over Bethel, Pryor (20 kills), Allen (30 digs) and Jana Boss (37 assists) continued to dominate.
The victory over Bethel was Baker coach Kathy Allen’s 250th win at Baker.
The Wildcats will head to St. Charles, Mo., this weekend to play in the Lindenwood Fall Classic. The Wildcats’ next home match is 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 6, against Lindenwood.
More like this story
- Deadline nears for Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce awards nomininations
- BHS student among Lawrence Journal-World's academic all-stars
- Wichita school to establish NASA-inspired space program
- USD 348 at-large board candidate Kelley Bethell-Smith
- Kansas Board of Education to examine school laws, bonds