Baker men’s soccer ties Avila
No. 4-ranked Baker University, which recorded 16 shots on goal, tied Avila in men’s soccer on Tuesday at Liston Stadium.
Wildcat goalkeeper Alex Burton recorded six saves, posting his fifth shutout of the season.
Baker blanked Grand View University and tied Central Methodist in weekend games.
On Friday against Grand View in Des Moines, Iowa, the Wildcats won 3-0 behind goals from Matt Germain, Luke Haidarovic and Blaine Snipstal. Burton recorded his third shutout of the season.
On Friday against Central Methodist in Fayette, Mo., the Wildcats played to a 1-1 tie in their conference opener. Drew Clement scored Baker’s lone goal in the 81st minute.
Baker (6-0-3 overall, 0-0-2 in the conference) will return to action at 8 p.m. Saturday to face William Jewell at Liston Stadium.
More like this story
- Baldwin High School Class of 2015 members told they were 'strongest' class ever
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back
- Baldwin High School senior to graduate 2 1/2 years after massive stoke
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Girls on the Run helps Baldwin City students get fit, improve self-esteem