Local United Way campaign halfway to goal
The Baldwin City Division of the United Way 2009-2010 Campaign is one half of the way to its goal of $22,500, it was announced Tuesday.
The campaign thermometer at Sixth and Ames streets shows $11,245, or 50 percent, in contributions to date. Becki Dick and Ivan Huntoon, division co-chairs, have led the effort which raises funds for 24 member agencies that serve Douglas County.
“We realize this is a very challenging year for everyone in the community, but it’s even more challenging for those who are suddenly without a job and having to see some assistance for the first time,” said Huntoon. “If everyone could give something in a small way, it could make a huge difference to the agencies who are serving more and more clients.”
The Live United campaign officially ends Friday, but donations and pledges will continue to come in through the end of the year.
“We greatly appreciate all the support the Baldwin City community has provided to United Way this year,” said Dick. “If everyone who gave to the United Way last year could manage to do the same this year, we would be close to making our goal.”
To receive a pledge form, call the UW office at (785)843-6626. Pledge options are also available at the United Way of Douglas County’s Web site’s “Give” page at www.unitedwaydgco.org. Pledge forms can be printed from there and pledges can also be made online with a credit card.
More like this story
- Baker Orange, website win awards
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career