Topeka man injured in one-vehicle accident Sunday on U.S. 56
A Topeka man was reportedly reaching for something in his truck when he crashed Sunday morning west of Baldwin City, Douglas County Sheriff's officials said.
Jacob McCullah, 25, was taken by air ambulance to Kansas University Hospital in Kansas City after the one-vehicle accident, authorities said. He was listed in serious condition at the hospital on Monday.
Crews were called to the accident about 8:10 a.m. Sunday in the 1100 block of North 300 Road, located about five miles west of Baldwin City on U.S. Highway 56.
The sheriff's office said the accident occurred when McCullah's Dodge pickup truck drifted off the road and landed in a ditch. No one else was involved in the accident.
More like this story
- Lawrence Habitat for Humanity plans to build home in Baldwin City next year
- Baldwin City home base for world-wide netter
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- Baldwin High School Class of 2015 members told they were 'strongest' class ever