Topeka man injured in one-vehicle accident Sunday on U.S. 56
A Topeka man was reportedly reaching for something in his truck when he crashed Sunday morning west of Baldwin City, Douglas County Sheriff's officials said.
Jacob McCullah, 25, was taken by air ambulance to Kansas University Hospital in Kansas City after the one-vehicle accident, authorities said. He was listed in serious condition at the hospital on Monday.
Crews were called to the accident about 8:10 a.m. Sunday in the 1100 block of North 300 Road, located about five miles west of Baldwin City on U.S. Highway 56.
The sheriff's office said the accident occurred when McCullah's Dodge pickup truck drifted off the road and landed in a ditch. No one else was involved in the accident.
More like this story
- Baker names Lawrence native new baseball coach
- Lawrence Habitat for Humanity plans to build home in Baldwin City next year
- Baldwin City home base for world-wide netter
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts