BJHS wrestlers earning early season wins
Baldwin Junior High School’s wrestling team has competed in two meets this season and both were successful.
On Monday, the Bulldogs competed against Louisburg and Spring Hill. They had 32 wins and 24 losses. Twenty of those wins were by fall.
Last Thursday, BJHS battled Ottawa and Anderson County. That first night was very successful as BJHS won 26, 24 by fall, and lost 12 matches.
Nathan Clem and Tucker Clark led the eighth graders with 4-0 records. Clem has recorded three falls already. Ben Growcock and Ethan Hartzell are both 4-1 on the season.
Leading the seventh graders are Mario Garcia and Jon Pratt. Garcia is 5-0 with five falls and Pratt is 4-0 with four falls. Tyler Davidson and Clayton Saving are also 4-1.
The Bulldogs will compete at Eudora today.
More like this story
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues