Blasting begins for new U.S. 59; it will last a month
Drivers traveling on U.S. Highway 59 south of Lawrence may hear some unusually loud noise over the next month.
Starting today, crews will begin blasting work about a quarter of a mile north of North 500 Road, east of the existing highway.
The blasting will break up buried rock so crews can level the ground for construction on the new U.S. 59 realignment project.
The blasting will take place during daylight hours through the end of June.
Traffic will not be affected, and drivers are not expected to face any delays.
More like this story
- Lumberyard Arts Center schedules full slate of classes
- Baldwin headed to state with record 10 wrestlers
- Baldwin High School wrestlers win 4th-straight league title
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Baldwin wrestlers tune up for league meet two sweep at Osawatomie