7-year-old bicyclist in stable condition after being hit by pickup
A 7-year-old girl who was hit by a car while riding her bicycle Thursday night in Baldwin City is in stable condition, a Kansas Highway Patrol trooper said.
Danielle Bennett, of Baldwin City, was riding her bicycle south on Flame Way, KHP reports said. She failed to yield at a stop sign at Firetree Avenue, entered the intersection and was hit by a pickup truck driven by Ralph Ybarra, 61, of Baldwin City.
Bennett was flown by air ambulance to Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Mo. She’s expected to be hospitalized through the weekend, said Brandon Koch, a KHP trooper.
More like this story
- Baldwin school district's proposed 2015-2016 proposed budget maintains current mill levy
- Baldwin school board agenda for Aug. 17
- Christie wins another term, three new members elected to Baldwin City Council
- Baldwin school district partnering with Greenbush in virtual program
- Baldwin City Recreational Commission representatives update school board on community center project