7-year-old bicyclist in stable condition after being hit by pickup
A 7-year-old girl who was hit by a car while riding her bicycle Thursday night in Baldwin City is in stable condition, a Kansas Highway Patrol trooper said.
Danielle Bennett, of Baldwin City, was riding her bicycle south on Flame Way, KHP reports said. She failed to yield at a stop sign at Firetree Avenue, entered the intersection and was hit by a pickup truck driven by Ralph Ybarra, 61, of Baldwin City.
Bennett was flown by air ambulance to Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Mo. She’s expected to be hospitalized through the weekend, said Brandon Koch, a KHP trooper.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed
- Timely bond refinance to help Baldwin district deal with block grant cuts
- Baldwin board asks for spending cuts to help cover slash in state funding
- Baldwin City council hears updates on quality-of-life projects