7-year-old bicyclist in stable condition after being hit by pickup
A 7-year-old girl who was hit by a car while riding her bicycle Thursday night in Baldwin City is in stable condition, a Kansas Highway Patrol trooper said.
Danielle Bennett, of Baldwin City, was riding her bicycle south on Flame Way, KHP reports said. She failed to yield at a stop sign at Firetree Avenue, entered the intersection and was hit by a pickup truck driven by Ralph Ybarra, 61, of Baldwin City.
Bennett was flown by air ambulance to Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Mo. She’s expected to be hospitalized through the weekend, said Brandon Koch, a KHP trooper.
More like this story
- Investigation continues into cause of head-on crash on U.S. Highway 56
- 7-year-old hit by truck is home and doing OK
- KHP locates driver who allegedly fled scene of U.S. 59 accident
- Wellsville teen in good condition following car-pedestrian accident
- Woman involved in accident Jan. 3 on U.S. Highway 56 near Worden dies