BHS baseball, softball teams end seasons
Baldwin High School’s baseball and softball teams made early exits from their Class 4A regional tournaments.
The BHS softball team was upset by Santa Fe Trail in Ottawa Monday night. The No. 3-seeded Bulldogs were defeated by the No. 6-seeded Chargers 5-4. The Bulldogs finished the season 15-6.
Earlier in the day, the BHS baseball team fell to the rival Cardinals in Eudora. BHS was seeded sixth, while Eudora was the third seed. The Cardinals scored seven runs in the first inning en route to a 12-4 victory. BHS ended the season 5-15.
There will be full stories on both teams in Thursday’s Signal.
More like this story
- U.S. Senate to discuss funding food stamps program with grants
- Wichita school to establish NASA-inspired space program
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back
- USD 348 at-large board candidate Kelley Bethell-Smith
- Timely bond refinance to help Baldwin district deal with block grant cuts