BHS baseball, softball teams end seasons
Baldwin High School’s baseball and softball teams made early exits from their Class 4A regional tournaments.
The BHS softball team was upset by Santa Fe Trail in Ottawa Monday night. The No. 3-seeded Bulldogs were defeated by the No. 6-seeded Chargers 5-4. The Bulldogs finished the season 15-6.
Earlier in the day, the BHS baseball team fell to the rival Cardinals in Eudora. BHS was seeded sixth, while Eudora was the third seed. The Cardinals scored seven runs in the first inning en route to a 12-4 victory. BHS ended the season 5-15.
There will be full stories on both teams in Thursday’s Signal.
More like this story
- Timely bond refinance to help Baldwin district deal with block grant cuts
- Block grant proposal would cost Baldwin schools $100,000
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed