Motorcyclist injured in accident is released from KU Med Center
Matt Gammon, the 25-year-old Baldwin City man injured in a motorcycle accident Friday, was released from the University of Kansas Medical Center Tuesday, according to a hospital spokesman.
Gammon was taken there by helicopter ambulance after the accident at 1:24 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of County Road 1055. Douglas County Sheriff’s Sgt. Steve Lewis said the accident is still under investigation.
“We still need to interview the motorcycle driver,” Lewis said Tuesday.
According to the initial report, Gammon was southbound on 1055 when he attempted to pass a vehicle that was also southbound, but turning into a driveway when the collision occurred, Lewis said. Upon impact, Gammon was sent over the hood of the vehicle, according to the sheriff’s department.
Gammon suffered multiple arm and leg injuries, according to a witness at the scene.
More like this story
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Baker biology professor's tree climbing summer reseach program funded for another 3 years
- Wichita school to establish NASA-inspired space program
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- 6 Kansas school districts to close early, cite budget cuts