Memorial service for Brenda Day, Baker archivist, set for May 6
A memorial service to celebrate the life of Brenda Day, Baker University archivist and curator of Old Castle Museum, will be held at 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 6, outside Old Castle. The museum is on Elm Street between Sixth and Seventh streets.
Day died on April 25 after a three-year bout with cancer.
During Baker’s sesquicentennial celebration in 2007-2008, Day shared several stories on the university’s history. To learn more, go to www.bakeru.edu/in-memory.
In case of inclement weather, the Wednesday service will be moved to Mabee Gym.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Planning Commission recommends rezoning of old middle school
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed
- Popular downtown venue newest Baldwin City park
- Council renames park to reflect Baldwin City history
- Baldwin City Council candidates state views, define themselves at forum