Leavenworth girl injured in accident south of Eudora
An emergency helicopter transported a 16-year-old Leavenworth girl to Kansas University Hospital following a one-vehicle accident Thursday, south of Eudora High School, authorities said.
Douglas County Sheriff’s Sgt. Steve Lewis identified the driver as Lauren Fitzpatrick.
The accident happened about noon in the 100 block of County Road 1061, at North 1150 Road.
Lewis said Fitzpatrick slammed on the brakes for an unknown reason, left the road and hit an obstacle, rolling the vehicle multiple times.
Hospital officials weren’t able to comment on the girl’s condition.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Public Library summer reading ends with food fight
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Baldwin City Fourth to feature flags, free swim and fireworks