Leavenworth girl injured in accident south of Eudora
An emergency helicopter transported a 16-year-old Leavenworth girl to Kansas University Hospital following a one-vehicle accident Thursday, south of Eudora High School, authorities said.
Douglas County Sheriff’s Sgt. Steve Lewis identified the driver as Lauren Fitzpatrick.
The accident happened about noon in the 100 block of County Road 1061, at North 1150 Road.
Lewis said Fitzpatrick slammed on the brakes for an unknown reason, left the road and hit an obstacle, rolling the vehicle multiple times.
Hospital officials weren’t able to comment on the girl’s condition.
More like this story
- Sheriff’s report: Alcohol contributed to Wednesday accident near Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Driver flown to KU hospital after one-vehicle accident
- Baldwin City teenager injured in one-vehicle wreck on county road
- Sunday morning accident lands Baldwin City man in hospital
- U.S. 59 roll-over wreck sends one to hospital