Neighbors: Joni Jones
Name: Joni Jones
Occupation: Elementary physical education teacher.
Family: Son, Brian, daughter, Katie.
Place of birth: Marysville
Q. How long have you lived in Baldwin City and what brought you here?
A. I came here 21 years ago as an instructor in the physical education department at Baker University.
Q. What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
A. Moving 250 miles from home for my first teaching job and not knowing anyone in the town or school.
Q. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
A. Not to give up on yourself when adversity hits you, be the person you are destined to be.
Q. What two things would you want people to know about you?
A. I have lots of patience for people. I enjoy watching all kinds of sports — anytime, anywhere.
Q. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A. Any occupation that was associated with sports — coaching or playing.
Q. What’s the best way for you to get away from it all?
A. Taking a road trip — going on all the back roads to look at the countryside — fields, farms, barns, etc.
Q. What’s your ideal vacation spot?
A. Climate of 70-75 degrees, golf courses and a few mountains.
Song: Lying Eyes by the Eagles and Amarillo By Morning by George Strait.
Movie: Bull Durham
Food: Rhubarb pie
More like this story
- Delays in two sports venue projects prompt practice Baldwin Junior High/High school practice reshuffling
- Baldwin City council hears updates on quality-of-life projects
- Officials say work on Baldwin City entrances to be finished in time for Maple Leaf Festival
- Baldwin City man's car stands out among hotrods and muscle cars
- Baldwin High School volleyball team falls to De Soto