Signal wins 16 KPA awards
The Baldwin City Signal won 16 Awards of Excellence for 2009, the Kansas Press Association announced Monday.
Those included 11 first-place finishes, the most ever for the Signal. There was one second-place finish and four third-place finishes.
Signal Editor/Publisher Jeff Myrick finished first in Editorial Pages, News Photo, Government/Political story, Headline Writing and Special Section (Maple Leaf Festival). Staff Writer Jimmy Gillispie was first in Sports Pages, Sports Photo and Sports Story.
The pair teamed up to win first place in Feature Package and Best Newspaper Web Site.
Myrick was second in Best Front Page and third in News Story. Gillispie was third in Sports Column Writing. Gerard Arantowiz was third in Editorial Cartoon. The Signal was also third in News and Writing Excellence.
The awards will be presented April 25 at the KPA Convention in Wichita.
More like this story
- Baldwin City council hears updates on quality-of-life projects
- Christie wins another term, three new members elected to Baldwin City Council
- Baldwin board, council oppose proposed changes to local elections
- Regents President and CEO Tompkins retires
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters