Neighbors: Rick Weaver
Name: Rick Weaver
Occupation: Baker University men’s basketball coach
Family: Wife Vickie, daughter Becky, sons Luke and Jake
Place of birth: Sioux City, Iowa
Q. How long have you lived in Baldwin City and what brought you here?
A. 24 years…signed to teach/coach at Baker in March 1985.
Q. What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
A. Playing golf with Junior Brecheisen.
Q. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
A. Find a job that you like and you’ll never have to work for a living.
Q. What two things would you want people to know about you?
A. First, I can speak some Spanish. Second, football and baseball were my two favorite sports growing up.
Q. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A. Civil Engineer.
Q. What’s the best way for you to get away from it all?
A. Used to be golfing before my knees went south. Now it’s watching the history channel if something from World War II is on.
Q. What’s your ideal vacation spot?
A. San Diego - Mission Bay Beach.
Song: Tie between CCR – “Who’ll Stop the Rain” and “Theme from Peter Gunn.”
Movie: Tie between “Three Days of the Condor” and “The Odessa File.”
Food: (best) wife’s vegetable beef soup - (worst) wife’s cheeseburger soup
More like this story
- Baldwin High School students commited fans of Bulldogs
- New Baldwin City Recreation Commission sports coordinator 'hits ground running'
- Girls on the Run helps Baldwin City students get fit, improve self-esteem
- Wellness Festival returns Saturday to Baldwin City at Collins Center
- Baldwin Academy of Dance and Voice to have spring show