Heat advisory issued for this afternoon through Tuesday evening
We're in just our second day of summer for the year, but we already have our first heat advisory in effect for Lawrence and surrounding areas.
The National Weather Service issued a heat advisory as temperatures are expected to be between 97 and 99 for highs today, with humidity that will push heat indexes to between 100 and 110 degrees.
Avoid prolonged exposure to or work in the sun. Keep plenty of liquids on hand and, if possible, stay in air conditioned environments.
The heat advisory is in effect from 1 p.m. this afternoon until 7 p.m. Tuesday.
More like this story
- Heat advisory in effect until 7 p.m. Wednesday
- Heat advisory extended for Douglas County until 7 p.m. Wednesday
- Winter weather advisory issued for Douglas, other nearby counties until Tuesday morning
- Heat advisory issued for much of northeast Kansas until 9 p.m.
- Flood advisory issued for Douglas, surrounding counties