Fourth of July plan is taking shape
Baldwin City residents will once again be offered a variety of events for their Fourth of July celebration.
Activities will start in the afternoon at the Baldwin City Municipal Pool. Beginning at 12:30 p.m., there will be free admission to the pool. There will also be free hot dogs (while supplies last), a disc jockey, music and games. The activities at the pool will end at 4 p.m.
The evening events will be held at the Baldwin High School ball fields, north of BHS. Those will run from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. and they will include a free moonwalk, obstacle course and other inflatable attractions. There will also be a DJ and music, along with concessions. The community fireworks display will begin that evening sometime around dusk.
Volunteers are needed to help run the various events. If anyone is interested in volunteering, please contact the Baldwin City Recreation Commission at (785) 594-3670.
Financial assistance is needed from the community to help make this Fourth of July celebration possible. Any contribution made will go directly toward keeping this tradition alive. Checks can be made payable to the “Baldwin City July 4th Fireworks.” Contributions can either be dropped off at the BCRC office at 715 High St. or sent to BCRC, P.O. Box 871, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Baldwin High School musicans chill on State Honor Band experience
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it